New! Ladies' Exercise Class Offered beginning 9/22:
"ALL IN FITNESS" with Melody Folmar
All In Fitness offers fitness training for women. Location: VHBC
Three classes per week for 6 weeks, 18 classes total for $150.
- For all fitness levels.
- Classes offered M,W, F at 6 a.m. or 8:15 a.m.
- START DATE: Monday, September 22.
- Classes include cardo, strength, & stretch.
- Held on the beautiful grounds of Vestavia Hills Baptist Church.
- See cost above; ask about trying your first class for FREE.
You must register with the instructor if you want to participate! To register or ask questions: call 205.370.3770 or email Melody Folmar.
Wednesday Sessions now & upcoming
Wednesday Fellowship Supper starts at 4:30. Click on Fellowship Supper to see the menu and make your reservation.
Wednesday Sessions concluding September 17:
- Bible study, "Reclaiming Revelation" Stuart Collier will lead a study of the often overlooked and neglected book of Revelation. The study will include insight as to the influence of the book of Revelation on our worship and its treatment throughout church history. Bring your Bible along and take a few notes as we enjoy exploring Revelation together. Meets in Fellowship Hall
- "Wednesday Walking" If you need a little outdoor in your inspiration, join our Wednesday Walking group. They will begin each week with a devotion that will lead them out onto the sidewalks and streets in our neighborhood. Marsha Baker will facilitate. Remember to wear your walking shoes. Meets in Room 239
Special Stand-Alone Session September 24 with Dr. Eric Mathis
"Almost Worship: Assumptions and Presumptions about an Hour on Sunday" in the Fellowship Hall (youth and adults)
New sessions start October 1
Pastor Gary Furr will lead Bible study on the book of Psalms in the Fellowship Hall; in the other track, special guest Chaplain Drexel Rayford will lead. October 1 through October 22: Developing Faith: The Ways we Know God - with Dr. Drexel Rayford.
Pastor's topic for sessions October 1, 8, 15, 22: "The Prayerbook of Jesus: Exploring the Psalms" The book of Psalms is the only book addressed entirely TO God. It was at the same time Israel's hymnal and the individual's devotional guide in the Old Testament. In this class we will learn about the Psalms both as an enduring part of both Jewish and Christian faith and also as a resource for Christians and the church today.
Oct. 1: Psalms as Gratitude, Joy and Blessing
Oct. 8: Psalms In Times of Trouble—Psalms of Lament
Oct. 15: Psalms at the Edges of Life
Oct. 22: From Obedience to Praise—Praying the Psalms
Church-wide Picnic October 5
Oak Mountain State Park, Dogwood Pavilion, 3:30 - 6:00 p.m., Sunday, October 5. We'll have a fun evening with games and good food! Don't miss the Pumpkin Carving Contest and Corn Hole Tournament from 4 to 5 p.m., followed by a meal at 5:00 that will be excelled only by the enjoyment of each other's company. Meal provided; church members, please bring dessert! Park admission rates apply: $3 for ages 12-61; all other ages, $1. If you need directions or map, call 979-5920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Park office phone: 620-2524. Address to use for GPS: 200 Terrace Drive, Pelham, AL.
Pastor's Bible Study now meeting on Wednesdays
Join Pastor Gary Furr for weekly Bible study on Wednesday mornings at 10:30 in the Adult Seminar Room. Coffee provided. Find the 2014-15 Bible study topics here.
Southern States Dahlia Show returns October 4
Vestavia Hills Baptist Church Fellowship hosts this event on Saturday, October 4, open to the public from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
A feast of color will be on display at VHBC when dahlia growers from around the Southeast enter their prize blooms in competition. Members of the Dahlia Society of Alabama will be on hand to welcome visitors, answer questions and provide advice on growing show-quality dahlias.
Prayer for Global Missions on 2nd, 4th Tuesdays
Meets on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m. in the Chapel.
Led by Mavis Hardy, Missionary to Japan, retired
Fall Dates: Sept. 9 & 23, Oct. 14 & 28, Nov. 11* & 25, Dec. 9
Join in praying for specific missions needs here and around the world. Bring a sandwich & stay for a short time of fellowship after the meeting; coffee & tea provided.
*Special missionary guest speakers on Nov. 11: Shane and Dianne McNary, with lunch planned by the Missions Committee. Watch for details!